Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Street Car Named Desire

I recently went to the Hatiloo theater were I watched a performance for the play "A Street Car named Desire". It was interesting to say the least, I thought the concept of how they viewed the play and the path they chose to perform it was good. However, at times I felt untouched by the actors as if what they were saying was not quite reaching me. It seemed that I was not apart of the audience that they were trying to reach, which is fine because they had a full house with few people around my age. I just could not get rid of the feeling that there should be some deep connection with myself and the actors on stage. After it was all said and done, I basically left the play disappointed. It had nothing to do with the acting, but more with who they were directing there passion to if that makes any sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment