Friday, December 18, 2009

Creative Nonfiction

The last outside event that I went to was creative nonfiction readings by different students in the Patterson building. The one that stood out the most to me was this guy who read about his experience of living in a small town that was controlled by a strip club. The way he told the story was really funny and he grabbed my attention from the very beginning. He talked about how everyone in the town would end up at the strip club every night and how it was run by a shady old man. I felt with every detail that he listed i was able to visualize the setting and how all the characters were connecting with each other. I have always lived in big cities and the time that I did stay in a smaller city it was probably still bigger than his hometown. All in all his story stood out to me the most because it had a feeling of being fiction, even though it was what he experienced in his life growing up.

word: 176

No comments:

Post a Comment