Friday, December 18, 2009

Otherlands Cafe

I chose to go to the Otherland's Cafe for one of my outside events. They were having graduate students read some of their works. There were two people that were reading that night, Candace Baxter and Michael Adams. I'm not really sure what to say about Candace Baxter and her story, I would like to be nice about it but that seems very unlikely. She completely lost the entire audience while she was reading, because her story kept shifting from one spot to the next. The story just did not make any sense and I realize that I am not a writer or anything. I just feel that if I were to tell a story, I would make sure that the audience could keep up. The next person to read was Michael Adams and his assortment of poems. Honestly, anything would have sounded good after hearing Baxter talk for thirty minutes. I thought it was good that he was able to talk about his hardships like breaking up with friend and wanting to get her back. Adams was able to incorporate many different elements into each one of his poems, which made everyone of them exciting to listen to.

words 199

No comments:

Post a Comment